Sunday, November 3, 2013

My Wardrobe To-Do Board

So, this pregnancy is coming to a close. Rapidly. In fact, the whole ordeal has come and gone rather quickly, but that's one of the perks of already having a kid during your pregnancy. I'm sure those that follow will be similar.

The light at the end of the tunnel has made me consider my clothing a little more. I don't really have enough time left to justify expanding my belly wardrobe, so I've been planning fantasizing about what I'd like to have in my wardrobe for after baby girl makes her debut. I say "fantasizing" because there is one major problem with my particular taste in clothing... I'm cheap.

Check out my "fashion" board on pinterest:


You may notice that the majority of the clothes I've pinned are from Free People, which is outrageously expensive. I have ordered exactly one article of clothing from their website and will probably hold on to it forever to justify the shameful amount of money I scraped out of my paypal account for it. (Did I mention that I'm super cheap?)

So, what is the solution? Well, I could either go out and get a job that I would probably hate and order one or two things a month, or I can put my new sewing skills to use and start making my own FP inspired stuff. Enter the "clothing pattern" board. It's a great age for seamstresses. There are so many great patterns available to us. Sure, you can find a lot of really cool stuff that is probably easy to modify from Butterick, McCalls, etc, but have you SEEN all of the amazing independant pattern designers out there and the patterns their churning out like rainbow butter?!

And all the amazing Japanese pattern books!? I WANNA CATCH THEM ALL!

Follow Creating My Wardrobe by Andrea Hatch on Pinterest

So, there's a pretty good chance that sometime in the future my nightly sewing with yield more than just kids clothes and altered shirts for my husband. Hopefully I will be good enough eventually to stop buying most clothing items and make them for myself. I mean, you can even get some pretty darn cute lingerie patterns...

No comments:

Post a Comment