Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Elantris

I am on a Brandon Sanderson spree. My husband purchased the entire mistborn trilogy a while back and told me he thought they were good. I had never heard of it, but was in need of something new to read so I dove in. And BOY am I glad I did.

I blew through those tomes faster than I've ever read anything. (It helps that I was reading them on kindle and didn't realize how long they each were, but wow, I don't think it would have mattered.)

I love a good author who can create so many unique and relateable characters.

Yesterday I finished Elantris. It's been a really long time since I have read a single book that isn't part of some epic series/trilogy. I found it refreshing. Elantris was long (which seems to follow suit for Mr. Sanderson), but again, it was enjoyable enough to keep reading.

Brandon definitely deserves credit for his ability to create kick butt female characters, too. And the love stories/relationships between his characters so far have been so believeable and still dreamy.

I'm working on The Way of Kings right now and excited that it's meant to be part of a HUGE series.

But, I absolutely recommend his books to anyone who likes a good fantasy/science fic novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment