Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween - Spoonflower Contest Top Ten

 

I got an exciting email this morning from the cool people at Spoonflower! After a week of voting, my Victorian Ghosties design made it into the top ten for this weeks Ghost themed fabric design contest!
I was pretty excited to see that most of the designs that made it in the top ten were designs I had voted for! I am especially fond of the winning design. I love the colors and the idea.

Here is what my design looked like.


While I was getting this screenshot I noticed that a photo of the printed fabric had been uploaded. I almost screamed. I definitely need to get my hands on some of this fabric! And how fun to get this awesome news on Halloween morning! This was the first design I had entered into a competition on Spoonflower and only my second design to be uploaded at all. Maybe if I keep trying, one of these weeks I'll win the competition and score that $100 to order beautiful Spoonflower fabric with! 



In other news, I continue to stay happily busy with freelance work and preparing for the swamp creature I am about to give birth to. (More on that soon.) I've also been sewing like a mad person since it's so calming to me. (Most of the time.) Well, I better get back to work. I've wasted most of naptime revamping this blog and writing this post. Not a waste, really, but y'know.

No comments:

Post a Comment