Saturday, August 3, 2013

Cakes and Pretty Shoes

Posted a garbage drawing of Lizzie Bennett on facebook and my awesome cousin, Caroline suggested I draw Marie Antoinette.

Okay, I probably would have drawn Marie purely for the opportunity to draw that ridiculous hair, but the truth is, this was sort of like a "measure my progress" piece. When I first got my tablet I was experimenting with techniques and what not and the cake lady was the first real portrait I drew. And by "real portrait" I mean full on start to finish drawing which I considered to be complete. I was so impressed with myself at the time that I turned her into a wallpaper which is probably still on my personal account on my parents' computer. Anyway! I am quite fond of how this turned out, but I wouldn't go as far as to make myself stare at it everytime I boot up.

Well, I should probably hit the sack (browse pinterest) because it's kinda late.
Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment