Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Just buy me an old warehouse.

I'd imagine that a lot of new brides have a pretty good idea of the style of home decor they like. Well, thank goodness for Pinterest or I would have never figured out what I like. I've been married for three years and I'm just now beginning to understand what my taste is like.

Let me first say, that I am grateful to have had the opportunity to live in a small house. I have no idea how long we'll live here (could be forever, I guess), but I have learned to think harder about how I utilize space and the important of "less is more". I hope to someday buy a house that I just can't fill right away. And not because it will be gigantic, but because I will have purged all unnecessary possessions from my life.

Anyway, a while after creating my dream home board on Pinterest, I went back to see what I had been pinning over the months and it became quite obvious that I favor the good old industrial-modern style. Combine that with stark white walls (and exposed brick of course) and you've got a palace fit for me. And boy, I love me some exposed beams/vents/ducts in the ceiling combined with factory windows.


Anyhoo, here's hoping Pax and I have years of discipline and sacrifice ahead of us. ;) Gotta make this dream happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment